The garage door is an important part of the garage compartment and comes in many types like roll-up, tilt-up, side-hinged, slide, and sectional garage door. The garage door has many components and as time flies by there are high chances that the garage doors will start giving some kind of issues. Today we will learn about 5 of the common garage door problems and their solutions.
1) Unusual noises
This is perhaps one of the most common problems with a garage door. Usually, a squeaking sound indicates some rusty or loose parts. Some garage door makes a loud bang sound when opening or closing which indicate some broken parts and garage doors repair needs to be done. This kind of problem can be a nuisance when you are sleeping.
- If it is a squeaking sound try to tighten the screw around the door.
- If it is rusty try to use a lithium-based lubricant to lubricate it. (remember, not all parts can be lubricated, so if not sure better ask a specialist)
- Change any broken part if keep on hearing a loud bang when opening and closing.
2) Door does not close or open fully
Sometimes the door does not close fully due to some kind of obstruction. On the technical side, it can be anything from dirty photo-eye, broken spring to wrongly adjusted track and limit setting. Sometimes the weather can be the main factor to the faultiness, especially winter where some of the parts will be frozen. Never take this problem lightly because it can be an open invitation to burglary.
- Clear any debris or object that are obstructing the door.
- Check and adjust the safety sensors.
- Adjust the track and up- limit / close limit setting.
- Change the broken spring.
- If caused by winter, lubricate the components to prevent corrosion.
- If nothing works, immediately call a technician to check.
3) Uneven movement of the door
The maintenance rate in England, especially the maintenance of garage doors Essex is still significantly low which causes many problems. One of them is uneven movements which are largely due to a faulty or rusty component. Some of the main parts like the rusted gear, broken spring, or the track will be the problem this problem arises because of poor garage doors maintenance.
- Change the spring or adjust the spring to the correct tensions.
- Adjust the track setting.
- Lubricate the gear or parts that are rusted.
- Call a technician and perform maintenance.
4) Door does not respond to switch or remote
Sometimes garage door problems are due to the remote control being faulty or the switch, not working. Most people do not realize this and call the technician for a simple issue. Always check these two important components first.
- Make sure the motor switch is properly plugged.
- Make sure to be within the antenna range.
- Check the remote control batteries and replace them.
- If the battery is changed and still the problem persists, it might be the sensor faulty. Reprogram it or change the remote.
- Short circuit or burnout in the motor system. (For this you need to call the technician to check and repair)
5) Garage door reverses before and after touching the floor
These problems can be due to faulty components which are either rusty or broken for example, a roller. But the main problem will be with the close-limit setting which determines the correct placement of the garage door.
- Lubricate the rusty parts and replace the faulty parts.
- Adjust the close-limit setting.
Make sure to do proper maintenance to avoid any issues with the garage doors. The listed common problem and solution will be useful in case of any major or minor problem but remember, always call a technician if unsure of the problem with your garage doors.